*title fixed. Thanks, Dorkos*
Via an award!!! *sniff* Really… I’m touched. *smacks away whoevers hands those are*
Lot’s of links here – all worth the clickage!!! Besides, it took me over an hour to do this post & I had 12 tabs open at all times. Do it!!! Don’t make me go all Ninja on your @sses.
On to business! I first got notification of this award on Monday by my buddy Gini Koch. Author of this awesome book, Touched by an Alien, which I have yet to do some Monday pimpage about. It was fabulous – check it out! I loved her MC Kathryn (Kitty) Kat. (cute – ain’t it!) Fill the rest of the book up with hot aliens and you’ve got me hooked! Coming very soon is the follow up – Alien Tango. Can’t wait!
Um… got carried away, sorry. Low and behold – yesterday, I get the award again from Puppy. Haggis actually. Author of this. I’ve just downloaded it so I can’t say anything yet but knowing him – it’ll rock.
Here’s my award & it’s ‘splainin’!
The ‘Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits’ award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such you are deemed very strange indeed.
This award is based on the release of Cate Gardner’s short story collection, Strange Men in Pinstriped Suits. The book is available for pre-order and at a discount of $1.99 off of the cover price. To help celebrate this release, Cate and Strange Publications have a contest with two prize packages to choose from.
Now you must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers – strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don’t like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don’t mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you’ve received the award for your strangeness, she’ll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page)
So, now it’s time for moi to pick 7 strange friends. The challenge isn’t in coming up with 7. The challenge is STOPPING with 7. (Those left out, no fear — I still love you and your fuzzy li’l strange hearts all to bits…but rulez is rulez.) So, in no particular order of strangeness, I give you:
2. Adam Slade. If you knew him, you’d understand. Oi – just wait ’till my interview comes out…. 😉
4. Angie. My beloved Zebra. ‘Cause yanno, I envy your camping tour, but others think you’re crazy. And you have 42 blogs.What I want to know is – you taking Fred? Holy $hit, Paul!
5. Perks. Don’t want the award? Your choice is fish, babe.
6. Tater ToT. As Puppy so delicately put it, because you hang out with me. I’ll tell ya what I want, what I really really want…. Do you have OCD or is that just cleaning rags in your bra?
And 7. Wayn-o. Just cause I lurves you sore much and you properly used Holy %$#* in a sentence on December 4, 2009
So there it is. My 7. Go forth & share the strangeness, my friends.